- The branch is the foundation block on which Conradh na Gaeilge is built. Since the organisation was founded in 1893, the Conradh's branches have been promotinging the Irish language, not only in Ireland, but also around the world.
- It is easy to set up a branch. All you need is a small group of people to come together, with the shared desire to promote Irish, then set up a committee and register with Conradh na Gaeilge's Ard-Oifig. Note: Each application must go before our Coiste Gnó for approval.
- Branches are involved in various activities that provide people with a chance to speak, practice and learn Irish. As well as working locally, branches are also active in national campaigns of the organistion. Each branch has a role in ensuring that the policies of the organistion are achieved.
- Each branch has an opportunity to have its details forwarded to Glór na nGael when it registers with Conradh na Gaeilge. More information on Glór na nGael at www.glornangael.ie
- Each branch is welcome to put stories in our monthly newsletter so that Conradh members around the world are aware of events run by your branch.
- Each branch benefits from the public collection licence the Conradh receives every year to raise money for the local branch and local events, as well as for Conradh na Gaeilge's various campaigns.
Branch representatives attend our Ard-Fheis every year
- They have the opportunity to express their own branch's ideas and to partake in lively debates and in the work of the organisation as a whole.
- As well as this, each branch can vote in the various elections which are run at the Ard-Fheis. This gives a real voice to each branch of the Conradh.
- Register branch with Conradh na Gaeilge : €50
- Re-register branch with Conradh na Gaeilge: €50
Join us and register your branch on-line or download the registration form here!
Guidance for Branches
There is guidance for branches available on this site in relation to organising events, managing campaigns, generating publicity plus much more, and you can also download a copy of Treoirleabhar Imeachtaí & Feachtas Do Chumainn Ghaelacha agus Do Ghrúpaí Gaeilge ar an Tríú Leibhéal here.