This competition is closed, and the winners announced.
100,000 people in Ireland use Snapchat everyday to send pictures and videos to friends. Snapchat is used to tell a story via photo or video, with special features such as adding a filter to show your location, temperature, and time.These filters are hugely popular, particularly the geofilter which is available all over the world, including Ireland.
To date most counties have a geofilter available in English only, but the good news is that Snapchat are very interested in creating geofilters in Irish and as a result, Conradh na Gaeilge organised a competition to pick a geofilter for each county.
Everyone had until 19 August 2016 to enter the competition, and the winners were announced in September 2016.
|Baile Átha Cliath
|Dún na nGall
- All graphics used must be 100% original
- No logos or trademarks
- No photographs or hashtags in the artwork
- Be creative and make it visually compelling - we recommend using county colours and local landmarks
- Don't cover up too much of the screen
- Make sure it's relevant to the location and something that people will want to use
- Send entries to
- Please provide your contact details along with a brief description (no more than three sentences) explaining your artwork
Files should be saved as a web-optimized, transparent PNG
- Files should be 1080px wide and 1920px in height
- Files should be under 300KB (PNG file)
- Snapchat have provided downloadable templates for both Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ongoing Campaigns
- Other Campaigns
- Campaigns Archive