Latest news from the organization regarding the Coronavirus

13 March 2020

The National Collection

Conradh na Gaeilge has decided not to continue with the National Collection on St. Patrick's Day this year.

We regret making this decision, with our national collection having taken place for over 120 years, but we do so with the health and well-being of our branches, volunteers and supporters all over the country in mind.

The organization, both locally and nationally, will be deeply affected by this decision. We are grateful for any support that can be given in the meantime through donations at

Events for Seachtain na Gaeilge

The Conradh na Gaeilge team is urging community groups organizing Seachtain na Gaeilge events to organize Energia, postpone them in the event of a crowd of over 100.

We regret taking this decision and highly commend the excellent work being done by the community groups at the heart of the festival. We are following guidance from the Health Services Executive and recommend to groups across the country to do so.

#SEAS2020 postponed

Conradh na Gaeilge has decided to postpone lobby day #SEAS20. #SEAS20 was due to take place on March 19th in the Buswells Hotel. We will liaise with the political parties regarding our demands for the Irish language and Gaeltacht communities.

The staff of Conradh na Gaeilge

The staff of Conradh na Gaeilge will continue to operate so anyone can be contacted if you need advice or assistance.

At present, follow the instructions issued by the HSE and don't worry about seeking help from your neighbors and family.

Associated Organisations of Conradh na Gaeilge