Seachtain na Gaeilge is the biggest international Irish-language festival in Ireland and abroad and its new management team is delighted to announce that next year's festival will run from 4 - 17 March 2013. And while you won't see the like of it on the playing field at this time of year, Kerry and Galway have put their best women forward to work together and attract new groups to take part in the Seachtain na Gaeilge 2013 festivities next March!
Number 6 Harcourt Street is known as Uimhir 6, the centre of Irish-language activities in the capital, and this historical building will be alive with the sound of sport, music, art and entertainment through Irish as part of Dublin Culture Night on Friday night, 21 September 2012!
Dubliners will have a chance to kick-start their language skills again this autumn with Conradh na Gaeilge's 10-week Irish courses for adults starting 25 September 2012 for only €180, with further discounts available to former pupils, students, OAPs and the unemployed. The courses cater for all learner levels and run for two hours from 7.00 - 9.00pm on a choice of one night a week in the city centre at 6 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
Conradh na Gaeilge has given an initial guarded welcome to the Government's decision yesterday for the statutorily appointed Coimisinéir Teanga to continue to be based in the Gaeltacht, and to continue to independently exercise existing powers of the Language Commissioner's Office under the Official Languages Act, 2003.
120 balloons will be released in different locations around Ireland at 3.00pm on Sunday, 25 November 2012 as part of special Irish-language SPRAOI SA PHOBAL family days, officially launching Bliain na Gaeilge 2013 and starting the year-long festivities to celebrate 120 years of the revival of the Irish language.
Minister Carál Ní Chuilín MLA and Minister of State Dinny McGinley TD will discuss planning for the Irish language in the north and in the Gaeltacht, giving an all-island overview of the future of Irish in Ireland at Conradh na Gaeilge's Oireachtas seminar at 11.00am on Saturday, 3 November 2012, in the Glendowan Suite, Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
More Articles ...
- President of Ireland Launches Bliain na Gaeilge 2013
- Conradh na Gaeilge Irish Courses Make Telling A Friend A Great New Year's Resolution!
- New Seachtain na Gaeilge Website & 2013 Festival At The Heart of Bliain na Gaeilge 2013!
- Choosing Irish-Medium Education
- Ciste Rith Announces €15,000 Grant Scheme For Irish-Language Projects
- Joint Structure Needed To Implement 20 Year Strategy for the Irish Language
- Language Commissioner Report Spot On
- Culture Night 2013 Goes Gaeilge in Uimhir 6, Dublin's Newest Irish-Language Centre!
- Re-Elected President Calls For High-Level Structure With Community Input & Emergency Motion on Education Is Unanimously Passed At Ard-Fheis